Nature (Reflections from a Tall Building)
I wanted to put up something today that would be just a snippet, rather than a full writing. I was thinking about nature and slowing down to nature's pace. That made me think of this writing that I had done previously. Here is an excerpt from it. It's just a part of a bigger thought, but hopefully substantial enough to stand on its own here:
I am looking out my window at work here and seeing nature in its glory, and I am just blown away. I see these rich layers of clouds stretching east to the horizon, passing that way as if marching to a beat none of us humans can hear. I see buildings nestled in and against a hill sward of green. The palate of colors dark and light is breathtaking. The sun leisurely arcs overhead, laughing and sharing his laughter with all the earth and sky below. Birds diagonal across my plane of sight, darting as if on a secret mission unknown to other creatures. The trees stand proudly at their posts, observing in silent stillness all that passes by on foot. Daring airplanes shoot across the sky, intent upon their path and urgent with the speed of man's motors. I'm thinking about man's place in this world, and as I look at the hummings of motors on planes and see the brilliant structures that adorn the landscape, I see part of what has gone right. Man was made to build and add his own creation designs to this spectacle. It's far too rare to see it in the right balance as I see it right here.
May your pace be slow today.
I am looking out my window at work here and seeing nature in its glory, and I am just blown away. I see these rich layers of clouds stretching east to the horizon, passing that way as if marching to a beat none of us humans can hear. I see buildings nestled in and against a hill sward of green. The palate of colors dark and light is breathtaking. The sun leisurely arcs overhead, laughing and sharing his laughter with all the earth and sky below. Birds diagonal across my plane of sight, darting as if on a secret mission unknown to other creatures. The trees stand proudly at their posts, observing in silent stillness all that passes by on foot. Daring airplanes shoot across the sky, intent upon their path and urgent with the speed of man's motors. I'm thinking about man's place in this world, and as I look at the hummings of motors on planes and see the brilliant structures that adorn the landscape, I see part of what has gone right. Man was made to build and add his own creation designs to this spectacle. It's far too rare to see it in the right balance as I see it right here.
May your pace be slow today.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home