Thursday, July 27, 2006

Poseidon

I saw the movie Poseidon on Monday night. I really enjoyed it. It was my "Movie of the Summer." I thought X-Men 3 was also good, but something about the whole Jean Grey unredeemed story just left me on a sour note there. What was so good about Poseidon was that the action never stopped. There was no delay for moral dilemmas or overdramatization and the intended stirring of the emotions. The characters had to move from one room to the next, it was different and it kept the pace flowing from beginning to end. On a further reflection, it perhaps had nothing to say meaningfully, but it was delightful summer fare - for only $1,50.

Other random comments: why does blogger now make you verify nonsensical words - a la fvwqusrb - to enter a post? This is surely a bit of overkill, is it not? Supposedly it is to prevent the addition of automated content. ??

Rolling Stones are ready to move on to America from the European leg of their tour. Going to see a show makes no sense to me. Not to say anything of the price, which is $100+ a ticket. All their good stuff is in circulation. What's the point of wanting to see them live? They are going to drag in over $400 million in revenues through this tour. Talk about a bilk job. You got to be kidding me if you think this is a valuable collective use of money.

Speaking of my favorite movies, I would rate these as my top movies of their respective years. Some years I don't remember which movies came out ?:)

2006 - V for Vendetta
2005 - Hitch
2001 - Fellowship of the Ring

The first two would be of the "What???" variety. But I thought those were the most satisfying movies of those years.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home