Soccer
We are underway in our soccer league this fall. (I am playing in an adult co-ed soccer league.) We had a very good game yesterday. This was the only team that had beaten our team since its formation a few years ago (I just joined the team this fall.) We were down 1-0, and it looked for a while that the other team was going to outplay us. But we climbed back and eventually won 3-1 and had other chances to win by even more. We had two girls that played 90 minutes in the very hot sun. This was because the rules require you to field at least two females at all times. Our other two female players were not there. Our goalkeeper also played very well.
It was a very physical match. There were a number of aggressive bodyblocks and hard sliding tackles. It was a confrontation for a lot of our players. We had to walk off a couple of players with injuries delivered by the other team. By the end of these matches, I am in a state of physical shock. I am sore, my head is hurting and hot, I am hungry - it's a pretty exhausting affair.
We're off to a great start this season (2-0) and looking forward to future games. It should be a good time.
It was a very physical match. There were a number of aggressive bodyblocks and hard sliding tackles. It was a confrontation for a lot of our players. We had to walk off a couple of players with injuries delivered by the other team. By the end of these matches, I am in a state of physical shock. I am sore, my head is hurting and hot, I am hungry - it's a pretty exhausting affair.
We're off to a great start this season (2-0) and looking forward to future games. It should be a good time.
Labels: Soccer

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home