Thursday, April 08, 2004

Work Break

It's lunchtime and I'm taking a break from what has been a busy day. At work, we are in our busy "season" which lasts from late March to July. I'm using this opportunity to relieve some stress by doing a little blogging.

This has been a really great week. Some events last weekend prompted me to really refocus my attention on God and seek the truth that's only in His Word. I feel like my days have been blessed; it all happens as I have been able to participate in renewing my mind on truth. Spring has also been a boost to my heart. I got to play ultimate frisbee last night on a glorious evening. It was just the right weather, with some beautiful clouds and a great light that made everything visible. The moon has also been beautiful recently. We had a great time on the field; it's always fun to see old faces and new. As always, we had a spirited, well-played game.

I'm also excited cause two friends are coming in, one from the west, one from the north. I won't get to hang out with one due to his very busy weekend schedule, but it's good just to know he was here and to realize that he's not that far away after all.

I have been very productive at work and enjoying my job. For me, setting boundaries is an important part of my job satisfaction. If I do that in a way where I don't put excess pressure on myself or let myself agree to an agenda I'm not satisfied with, then I free myself up in a great way. It's better to have that absence of pressure; you always work and feel better.

Although work has been good, I long to get away and have a nice period of rest. I had to pull myself away from what I was doing this morning at the apartment. It was so stimulating and enjoyable, and I lamented not being able to postpone leaving until I was done. I want to go travelling. My dose of the world is too often reading Smithsonian Magazine. It'll be good to go to some new places later this year.

People around me are happy too, which makes it easier to be happy yourself when others you care about are having a good time too. I think people are mostly rejuvenated by the spring, feeling pretty energetic and optimistic.

That's what is going on with me. I'll probably blog again in a couple of weeks, when something stirs my thoughts.

Verses to leave you with (from Galatians in the NIV): "The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself up for me . . . I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be obtained through the works of the law, then Christ died for nothing! . . . It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, therefore, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." And from Philippians: "Finally, brothers, whatever is pure, whatever is honorable . . if anything is praiseworthy or excellent, think on such things . . and the God of peace will be with you." Grace and peace be also with you. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home