Thursday, August 26, 2004

In Memory & In Honor

Time is limited, though there is much I would like to post. Therefore, this one will be a brief tribute post.

First, to Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, who passed away this week. She was a psychiatrist who studied and wrote an account of terminally ill patients called "On Death and Dying." She is credited with changing both the way that people look at the terminally ill and the way that people look at death itself. She helped to recover the dignity that can be manifested in dying and brought the subject into the light to help alleviate fears. Very important work for which I am very thankful.

Second, best regards to Brent Wood, recovering from a hernia operation: a man who has taught me a lot about friendship and life.

Third, in memory of Rich Mullins, who by his example absolutely blew the doors of my conceptions of how a man could let Jesus live through him. The mark that this man has made on my life just through hearing stories of him is beyond reckoning.

Wouldn't be a tribute without giving all thanks to Jesus, who gave it up so that I could have everything that could ever be wanted and could never be deserved. For His grace, I am eternally grateful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home