Rich Mullins
Here's some good stuff from a great Christian saint, Rich Mullins:
It's a quarter till tomorrow - It's only half past yesterday
The here and the now done come and gone - It's gone away
And the moon over Atlanta winks - And nods its head for a long goodnight
And I don't know where you are - And I don't know how you are sleeping
But I sure do hope that you're alright.
And may the angel of His presence keep your heart
And when your prayers give flight to your dreams
May the only scars you see on their wings be the wounds of love
That's a beautiful last line to me. Moving through life, you are aware of the wounds you take and you often first try to remove the scars altogether, but the hope is that those scars would only be a scar on wings, and that the wings would be wings of love.
Alright, that's about as sentimental as I can be right now . .
Keep your faith up.
It's a quarter till tomorrow - It's only half past yesterday
The here and the now done come and gone - It's gone away
And the moon over Atlanta winks - And nods its head for a long goodnight
And I don't know where you are - And I don't know how you are sleeping
But I sure do hope that you're alright.
And may the angel of His presence keep your heart
And when your prayers give flight to your dreams
May the only scars you see on their wings be the wounds of love
That's a beautiful last line to me. Moving through life, you are aware of the wounds you take and you often first try to remove the scars altogether, but the hope is that those scars would only be a scar on wings, and that the wings would be wings of love.
Alright, that's about as sentimental as I can be right now . .
Keep your faith up.
Labels: Singers

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home