Shrew
Well I got to see Taming of the Shrew at Shakespeare on the Square Saturday evening. It was a good time. Went down with Doug Lee and ran into some others on the square. Including Bernard, my blogger friend. Bernard has gotten picture happy on his blog too, conspicuously right about the time that I did ; I think we are both beginning to see that pictures are more appealing to the site, when you post a pic you don't have to do as much thinking about it, and it makes us feel like are not totally boring.)
The play was good, particularly in the first act. (By the late going, Shakespeare's repetitive puns start to get a tad stale.) The players did an excellent job. The Shrew is an interesting play in that it gets you to the conclusion in the end that submission is the only way to live a peaceable life. That's a totally scandalous proposition to our offended ears. In the end, the Shrew is the only one who is content by her utter submission and beholding. The other wives have flirted and manipulated about, and they are left with sour spirits. Their men are incredulous, beset with regret over their absence of discipline that has ended them up unable to command respect or obedience from their volatile wives. You begin to think, "Hm, a total submission (and on the man's side a total dedication to not being dominated) results in gentle life." I'm pondering this and thinking, "Hm, this is something I ought to consider."
I got out mountain biking yesterday. It was a good sweat and a nice time. Mountain biking is like a workout and ride combined. The danger of obstacles with the full-body exertion of lifting weights. My friend Brent led us up some steep - ah! - hills, and I was exhausted before the end.
Alright, onto other things . . . .
The play was good, particularly in the first act. (By the late going, Shakespeare's repetitive puns start to get a tad stale.) The players did an excellent job. The Shrew is an interesting play in that it gets you to the conclusion in the end that submission is the only way to live a peaceable life. That's a totally scandalous proposition to our offended ears. In the end, the Shrew is the only one who is content by her utter submission and beholding. The other wives have flirted and manipulated about, and they are left with sour spirits. Their men are incredulous, beset with regret over their absence of discipline that has ended them up unable to command respect or obedience from their volatile wives. You begin to think, "Hm, a total submission (and on the man's side a total dedication to not being dominated) results in gentle life." I'm pondering this and thinking, "Hm, this is something I ought to consider."
I got out mountain biking yesterday. It was a good sweat and a nice time. Mountain biking is like a workout and ride combined. The danger of obstacles with the full-body exertion of lifting weights. My friend Brent led us up some steep - ah! - hills, and I was exhausted before the end.
Alright, onto other things . . . .

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home