Older Music
I have always had a fondness for older music from the 60's, 70's, and 80's and early 90's. I never have gravitated much to the newest generation of music. I was reading an article on the new Eagles album and read this interesting quote from John Fogerty: "I love the new Eagles record. It's a sound I've missed. When they go into those harmonies, there's a sense of keeping hope alive. You don't hear that now, which is why young musicians are intrigued by radio stations that play classic rock." (USA Today, October 31).
I liked that suggestion. The 60's through 80's may have been pretentious (particularly the 80's) or had goofy fashion or bad hairstyles (60's, 70's), but at least it had some hope or optimism, even if it was false. It also had better talent. A problem is surely the money that is flowing through the entertainment business. What is presented is more about image and packaging than substance. MTV's impact, I guess.
The search for the meaning behind the lure of the 80's music continues :)
I liked that suggestion. The 60's through 80's may have been pretentious (particularly the 80's) or had goofy fashion or bad hairstyles (60's, 70's), but at least it had some hope or optimism, even if it was false. It also had better talent. A problem is surely the money that is flowing through the entertainment business. What is presented is more about image and packaging than substance. MTV's impact, I guess.
The search for the meaning behind the lure of the 80's music continues :)
Labels: Singers

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home