Vacation, vacation!
It's about time for a vacation. I wish I could go right now. There's not a much slower period than after 4:00 on a Friday. All of the facilities you started the week with are gone. You don't even really remember your name. You're not hungry. You're not thinking about anything. You're just lifeless, encased in the carbonite of boredom. Hey, I like that. Just came to me - had the picture of Han Solo lying there in frozen agony in mind. Thank God for a forum for frustration!
I think I'm developing some new terminology for personal difficulty. New one: Human Frustration Threshold (HFT). That's when you have reached your quota of human interaction. Or maybe Interaction Membrane Saturation (IMS). Connotes some of those streched to the breaking point kind of emotions. Some more effective descriptions would be good, something to help capture those unforgettable (regretable) moments. "How's it going, Steve?" "Need a soul pill, Tom." That kind of thing.
I particularly like the comedy of human nature. When you perceive that you are feeling lonely, you think to yourself, "Man, I'm feeling lonely. There's nobody around . . I just need to get by myself." That makes a lot of sense. I'm feeling a little disconnected, need to cut those last strands of community and fellowship off so I can really experience this. Gravitating towards ridiculousness, that's human nature for you. Reminds me of these sarcastic performance appraisals I read somewhere. An Army colonel talked about a subordinate and said "He has the wisdom of youth and the energy of old age."
Hope life is treating you well. Until next time . .
I think I'm developing some new terminology for personal difficulty. New one: Human Frustration Threshold (HFT). That's when you have reached your quota of human interaction. Or maybe Interaction Membrane Saturation (IMS). Connotes some of those streched to the breaking point kind of emotions. Some more effective descriptions would be good, something to help capture those unforgettable (regretable) moments. "How's it going, Steve?" "Need a soul pill, Tom." That kind of thing.
I particularly like the comedy of human nature. When you perceive that you are feeling lonely, you think to yourself, "Man, I'm feeling lonely. There's nobody around . . I just need to get by myself." That makes a lot of sense. I'm feeling a little disconnected, need to cut those last strands of community and fellowship off so I can really experience this. Gravitating towards ridiculousness, that's human nature for you. Reminds me of these sarcastic performance appraisals I read somewhere. An Army colonel talked about a subordinate and said "He has the wisdom of youth and the energy of old age."
Hope life is treating you well. Until next time . .

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home