America continued
It's been neat to continue with the "America" story I touched upon in the previous post. I was reading a Smithsonian article about the Hmong people, refugees from Laos who had helped the Americans in the war in Vietnam and now have adjusted very adeptly to the culture here, and surprisingly since it was previously a subsistence culture. I have also started watching "The Last Samurai", which touches on those issues of culture and American values and Native peoples. Meanwhile, the simmering political environment surrounding the convention is happening, where everyone is putting forth their convictions as to the right man to lead America and the right way to lead America. All told, it makes for a very interesting "storyline" to follow.
Meanwhile, in my personal readings in the Gospel of Mark, I see Jesus showing us how to love people who are different socially, personally, culturally, etc. To try to learn from Him how to love those different than us has been an amazing pursuit.
Meanwhile, in my personal readings in the Gospel of Mark, I see Jesus showing us how to love people who are different socially, personally, culturally, etc. To try to learn from Him how to love those different than us has been an amazing pursuit.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home