Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Laughs

Ah, I'm stressed! For an interlude, here are some random selections from the past few days.

Friday
I picked up Jerry Seinfeld's stand-up act "Live from Broadway: I'm Telling You for the Last Time" DVD. Hil-arious. Among the highlights, since I recently rode a horse for the first time, was his bit on the subject:

"I went to the track . . it makes no sense to me. Do you think the horses know it's a race? Clearly, they know the jockey is in a hurry. He's beating 'em, kicking 'em. (horse, out of breath, at the finish line) 'What? This is the same place we just were. We took the absolute longest path to get here. If we had just come straight here, we could've gotten here first.'

(His funniest parts of this bit are when he imitates the horse in the 1st person)

(In a trailer, one horse looking over to another) 'Do you feel a draft, Bill? You don't think they hung out rear-ends out the back of this truck, do you? After riding us around all day and kicking us when we pee, would they do that?'"

Saturday
On Saturday, I made a dive for a volleyball and landed with my keys - and switch army knife - right under my thigh. Good thing it wasn't open! Nice little bruise from that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home