Intimacy with God
"What a man desires is unfailing love. Better to be poor than a liar."
"Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
"Surely You (Lord) desire truth in the inner parts."
Conclusion: I think God wants us to be real with Him. I think He wants us to trust Him. I think He wants us to open up to Him. And I think intimacy with Him is what we are really looking for. God makes a deal. He says, "I can satisfy you. What you really want you will have to wait for. Desire gets pregnant in the waiting. It doesn't ruin desire; it purifies it. The bigger you trust me, the bigger you are willing to go." God is eminently pleasure-seeking, and so we should be.
"Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
"Surely You (Lord) desire truth in the inner parts."
Conclusion: I think God wants us to be real with Him. I think He wants us to trust Him. I think He wants us to open up to Him. And I think intimacy with Him is what we are really looking for. God makes a deal. He says, "I can satisfy you. What you really want you will have to wait for. Desire gets pregnant in the waiting. It doesn't ruin desire; it purifies it. The bigger you trust me, the bigger you are willing to go." God is eminently pleasure-seeking, and so we should be.
Labels: Bible / Christianity

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home